Protect your boat or personal watercraft

If your family enjoys the great outdoors, we’ll bet favorite activities include recreational vehicles. Maybe you spend summers waterskiing at the lake. You may enjoy exploring the backcountry on ATVs or snowmobiles. Or you might consider an RV the perfect way to travel — experiencing new places but still getting to spend every night in your own bed.

4 A Great Rate understands your active lifestyle — and your desire to help protect the vehicles that go with it. An agent can help with knowledgeable insights as you choose the coverage you want for these vehicles.



Coverage for boats (up to 50 feet) and personal watercraft like Jet Skis®, Sea-Doos® and WaveRunners®.

Off-road vehicle

Coverage for snowmobiles, dirt bikes, dune buggies, golf carts and ATVs.

Motor home

Coverage for RVs that may not be properly covered by an auto policy.

Travel trailer

Coverage for travel trailers — even if they’re used as a seasonal or permanent home.

5th Wheel

Coverage designed specifically for the unique risks of fifth wheel trailers.

What does recreational vehicle insurance cover?

A standard umbrella policy provides additional liability coverage for:

•       Your primary residence

•       Two motorized vehicles

•       Small Sailboats or motorboats with fewer than 50 horsepower

But you can also add optional umbrella coverage for other property and situations: Additional motorized vehicles; secondary or vacation residences; rental properties; unlicensed recreational vehicles; jet skis and jet sleds, vacant land; and uninsured/underinsured motorists.

Enjoy features you might not expect

Personal umbrella insurance follows you anywhere in the world, and features additional coverage your underlying policies might not include. For instance: It can help with legal fees and damages if you’re accused of slander in a social media post.

Add umbrella insurance to existing liability coverage

A Farmers umbrella policy builds on the liability coverage of two underlying policies: auto and homeowners or renters. While your auto insurance must be with Farmers, your home or renters insurance can be with Farmers or any other carrier.

Related Services